Monday, 18 June 2012

Happy Fathers Day :)

I know, I know this is a tad late but I've had a busy but fun day today with my children and Dad, I don't often get to spend Fathers Day with my Dad as I live 300 miles away from my family so today was very special. I havent been blogging for a while as I have a few personal things going on that have knocked me off kilter but I'm pulling through slowly. This is the first card I've made in a few weeks and i'ts what I made for my Dad, and features his Triumph Rocket III bike on the front (well not actually his).

I found covering the card I cut out from A4 into this shape difficult to cover in paper stock but this was my first attempt out of my comfort zone as I usually stick to rectangle or square cards to work with. I added a verse inside that brought tears to his eyes bless him


I think I need to invest in a new camera as the pictures are coming out burred!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges
Simply create too - Happy Fathers Day (or for a male)
 C.R.A.F.T Challenge - Fathers Day
Dream valley challenges - For that special guy
Fab 'n' Funky - Fathers Day

And finally here's a pic of my wonderful Dad and his bike and also of my Dad and me (with hair!!) when I was little
Love you dad your the best xxxxxx



I thought I'd also add a photo of my dad and my son leaving for the Isle of man TT races, My son had such a great time!


(If my Step mum saw her laundry all over this last pic I'm sure she would freak out hehehe)


10 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty 'Fathers Day' Challenge. Good luck and hope to see you again for our next challenge.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shell, Thankyou so much for the lovely comments you have left me and so pleased you have become my newest follower. I do hope you enjoy your stay and if you follow you are in the candy draw no matter what. Good luck with that.
    Your card is so beautiful and love the colours and the cog wheels. Fab. Will have a good luck around your blog later as it looks exciting.
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card and great photos. I bet he loved his card as you put so much thought into it. Thanks for sharing it with us at CRAFT challenge. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, Shell. Great to hear that your Dad loved it too. It's the little personal details that are always treasured.

    Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges. Hope you'll be back to play again soon.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, love the verse. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shell: Love your card for our Challenge #15 - "Happy Father's Day [or for a Male]" Challenge. A big thank you for joining in at Simply Create Too.

    Diane
    Simply CreateTooDesign Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.
    Don't miss out on the regular freebies at Trimgym's Digistamps and Images and the current challenge there. Hope to see you there as well!

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it. Supercool card. Love the colours and bike image is fab.Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley challenges. Hugs Eva.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi shell, the classes with Tim Holtz are online and if you visit his blog the details are on there. You will find them under Creative Chemistry. I have to say they are well worth the cost and I have learnt so much. Hope this helps and hope you had a good weekend
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greast card! ! Thanks for taking part in Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Hope to see you again for our next challenge.
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek at my work, I do love making new friends and reading through the comments so please feel free to follow me or leave a Message

Thank you

Shell :)